Service, Quality and Integrity assured with the Decon Systems meth testing course Brisbane
The demand for meth testing services throughout Queensland has increased significantly over the past couple years. Landlords and property managers are building an appetite to manage the risks associated with meth contamination, whilst home buyers are seeking assurance that any properties of interest are toxic-free and safe for occupancy.
On average there is approximately 600 clandestine laboratory busts each year throughout Australia. The Australian Crime Commission states that for every lab bust there is another 10 operating undetected. EnHealth statistics reveal that of the 667 labs detected throughout Australia in 2014/15, Queensland accounted for 35% of this total making it somewhat of a hotspot.
Exposure and/or residing in a property that has been used for the manufacture or smoking of methamphetamine can contribute to a number of potential health issues including; headaches, behavioural issues, insomnia, and skin rashes. These have been well documented in Dr Jackie Wright’s thesis and continued research of the risks associated with exposure to methamphetamine residue.
Meth Testing Course Brisbane is designed for anyone wanting to set up their own meth testing company or to add meth testing to their existing services. This course will teach the theory and practical knowledge needed for collecting NIOSH 9111 compliant meth residue samples in line with the Australian Voluntary Code of Practice, and how to consult with your clients using fundamental risk management principles.
- what is meth and how does it contaminate surfaces within homes, vehicles etc.
- characteristics of a meth lab and user sites
- industry standards and guidelines
- health & safety and site risk assessment
- overview of sampling kits available in Australia
- where to take a sample and why
- instructions on how to collect a NIOSH 9111 compliant meth sample
- how to use the Meth Rescue instant drug testing kit
- instructions for post decontamination sampling
- understanding and interpreting laboratory analysis documents
- reporting and insurance
5 CECs available for IICRC members.
Why Choose Us?
- 10+ years combined experience in the meth contamination industry. We know what we’re talking about!
- courses are recognised by industry insurance providers ensuring you can acquire adequate professional indemnity and public liability cover
- our course material is independently reviewed for quality and accuracy by industry subject matter experts
- we do not provide meth testing services and therefore hold no conflict of interest
- we provide unlimited post-course support and guidance
- access to industry images and content for your website and social media channels
- discounted pricing on Meth Rescue instant test kits
- access to free NATA accredited laboratory sampling kits and discounted pricing on analysis
- service, quality and integrity assured!