Meth Decontamination Courses Australia
A meth decontamination course covering best practice clean up processes and procedures.
With approximately 600 clandestine laboratory busts each year throughout Australia, and numerous more properties contaminated as a result of prolonged heavy smoking of the drug, there has been a significant rise in demand for meth decontamination / clean up services from landlords, property managers, banks and insurance companies.
With recent research from Flinders University indicating that contamination remains on and within surfaces for years, it is imperative that effective assessment and decontamination procedures are followed to restore a property to its original toxic-free state.
As a technician providing decontamination services to property stakeholders it is important that you are not only certified as competent in the various clean up techniques, but you also have a comprehensive understanding of what methamphetamine is, how it can contaminate, and the options available to your client. This is where Decon Systems come in!
“Decon Systems Australia’s training in meth testing and decontamination has been fundamental to our systems. Their trainers are flexible and down to earth. We have enjoyed the training and appreciate them being available for any questions or troubleshooting we have.” – Focused on Cleaning
This comprehensive course has been developed for delegates wanting to set up a meth decontamination business or looking to add this service to an established cleaning, restoration or mould and asbestos removal company. The course will teach the you theory and practical knowledge needed for safely decontaminating a property of potentially dangerous chemical residues, and provides insight into the drug methamphetamine and the impact its residues may have on property and vehicles.
Our learnings are based on latest industry research and best practice, ensuring our delegates are in a position to engage in accurate and ethically-sound consultation with their clients.
- an overview and characteristics of a meth lab and user sites
- information on the dangers of meth and meth related chemicals
- training on best practice decontamination techniques and processing including safe waste disposal
- health & safety checklists including for issues such as asbestos, mould and lead
- training on how to complete a site evaluation, work plan and final report
- overview of the Australian Clandestine Drug Laboratory Remediation Guidelines
- post decontamination processes
- industry challenges and common failure
- chemcials and machinery
Why Choose Us?
- 10+ years combined experience in the meth contamination industry. We know what we’re talking about!
- courses are recognised by industry insurance providers ensuring you can acquire adequate professional indemnity and public liability cover
- our course material is independently reviewed for quality and accuracy by industry subject matter experts
- we do not provide meth decontamination services and therefore hold no conflict of interest
- we provide unlimited post-course support and guidance
- access to industry images and content for your website and social media channels
- discounted pricing on Meth Rescue instant test kits
- access to professional grade Neutrasol product range
- access to free NATA accredited laboratory sampling kits and discounted pricing on analysis
- service, quality and integrity assured!